Font size

You want a new feature? That's the place to talk about it.
HelgaGPataki

Font size

Post by HelgaGPataki »

On My kindle I have to make Docs in order to be able to read the font after changing it to:

Ariel size 12.

then saving it into my Kindle as a PDF, is there a way that when it copies the doc, it can just automatically be Ariel 12? I understand I am just one person but there are more Kindle users too. Thank you for your time reading this.
Raimond
Administrator

Re: Font size

Post by Raimond »

Hi HelgaGPataki,

I'm not sure what you are asking.
Are you creating a .doc file, then change the font size before you convert it to pdf and transfer it to your kindle?

If that's correct then that's the absolutely worst way to do it.

First of all: The PDF format was designed to diplay the same text/layout file exactly as it was intended to on every computer and/or mobile device. Which means that the line length, paragraphs and everything else is fixed. A ebook-Reader screen is much smaller than a pc screen, so it has to try to recalculate everything. That's normally possible as long as it's only text, but as soon as there are pictures in it.....
The most commonly used formats at the moment are .eBup and .mobi, both of them were designed with mobile reading devices in mind (the amazon amz (or whatever it's called) format is only a modified .mobi version).

Amazons Kindle isn't supporting the open .epub format which was a reason for me to buy a Sony ebook reader. So in your case download the fanfictions as a .mobi file and transfer it to your kindle. Then use the build-in display-font-size-changing function. I've just asked a friend and he told me that you are able to change to everything between "microfilm" and "one letter per page".

Raimond
HereBeDragons

Post by HereBeDragons »

I have a similar problem, in a way.

I download the fanfiction I want in .pdf format, then transfer them to my ipad. With the latest version the test is smaller than it's been in previous version. It's still readable, but it's a strain on my eyes or I have to zoom in on every page.

Is there any way to make the font bigger?
Raimond
Administrator

Post by Raimond »

Hi HereBeDragons,

pleeeeaase download a ebook reding software on your iPad.

One possible app is called "stanza". Then use "ePub" as format and you won't have these problems anymore.

Rai