An Inputbox for Filepath

You want a new feature? That's the place to talk about it.
RedneckDrow

An Inputbox for Filepath

Post by RedneckDrow »

I find simply imputting the filepath to be faster (especially if you know exactly where you want a file) than having to select the path every time you want to change it.
Raimond
Administrator

Re: An Inputbox for Filepath

Post by Raimond »

Hi,

there was an option in the old 4.x version which allowed you to configure path and filename for each file.
There were a lot of problems with this since a lot of users like to read but don't know a lot about computers.

At the beginning ( I think 5 years ago) I've published the program as .zip and .rar. Your computer is able to open an archive since Win XP. So some people didn't extract the downloader but started it directly from the archive. That's the reason why there's an installer even if I wouldn't need one normally.

So, back to your question: Sorry, the changable filename is the maximum of what i'll include. (With version 0.3.0 there's %c for category[ff.net only at the moment])

At the moment I'm checking how to remove the need to install and configure Calibre since I get a lot of emails with questions about how to do it.

Rai
RedneckDrow

Post by RedneckDrow »

Raimond wrote:Hi,

there was an option in the old 4.x version which allowed you to configure path and filename for each file.
There were a lot of problems with this since a lot of users like to read but don't know a lot about computers.

Rai
Now see, I used the old version for years, and that's what I'm talking about, but I'm just talking about changing the textbox for the output path into an input box for those who do know about filepaths to save time.

I don't mean the whole dialogue you had in 4.0.x, sorry if I confused you.
Raimond
Administrator

Post by Raimond »

Hi again,
I'm sorry I have no clue what you are talking about.
At the moment there is no textbox for the outputpath - There's only a Button which opens a "save to folder Dialog" to change the path.
Maybe you could take a screanshot with a red box around the area you are talking about?

Rai