Plugin system for sites (Done)

You want a new feature? That's the place to talk about it.
Raimond
Administrator

Re: Plugin system for sites

Post by Raimond »

Hi again,

I've checked your new version with the real downloader and nothing worked....
But it was totally my fault, there were still some debug outputs active and the conversion was internal disabled... upssss.

So, the good news is: It's working! I've downloaded several fanfictions and they all worked.
Of course there is a small "but".
I've defined the Date in the scriptfile as mm/dd/yyyy. so if its the 5th of january it has to be 01/05/2012. The value returned by the plugin is without a leading zero.

I'll send you a version of the downloader with enabled plugin interface and your script by PN.

Rai
RedneckDrow

Post by RedneckDrow »

Seems straight forward enough. I'll try a couple tonight, and get back to you.
zeek17

Post by zeek17 »

So.. Which manual do I need to read to be able to create my own plugins?
Raimond
Administrator

Post by Raimond »

Öhhh,

until now the document is still in my head.
Should I download and publish it?

Rai
zeek17

Post by zeek17 »

Yeah, if you'd not mind doing it.

Btw, can you convert already included to FFDownloader sites to plugin format? In case someone'd want to make changes in layout file (for example, add status, rating and such).
Elusive

Post by Elusive »

With the emergence of YourFanfiction (where some FFN authors are migrating, since they don't restrict MA fiction), I've attempted to write a plugin for it.

The basic structure is based off BitPoet's HPFanFicArchive plugin, because that was the only reference I could see before I found this thread and because both sites use eFiction as their underlying engine.

It seems to work, but I'm not sure if it handles MA stories well - those require some extra redirection to get past the 18+ confirmation.

https://github.com/Elusive138/FFD_YFF/b ... ion.com.js

Also, it would be nice if the "Plugin Creation helper" could display some debug output. For example, if I could add some text to a debugOutput variable and have it displayed, that could make debugging a lot easier.
Raimond
Administrator

Post by Raimond »

Hi Elusive,

thank's for your work.
Are you using a proxy? Because yourfanfiction.com didn't let me access their page with the plugin creation helper. (Took me 4 hours to work around their bot protection system)

So, first of all, here's a new version of the plugin helper: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6nev456fw22jblg/script.7z
( I've liked your name suggestion, it's now called "Plugin Creation Helper")
I've also included a debug feature.
There's a new variable called "debugString" (of course with a getDebugString() methode)
It's value is displayed and reseted AT THE END of the functioncalls. [only the functions that were defined by me: analyseLink(), analyseContent(), analyseAdditionalContent(), analyseChapter()]

Here's the modified version of your script:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/apnq64tmr4ifwff/script.js

There's also a new BoardArea for plugin development.

Rai
Elusive

Post by Elusive »

"Plugin Creation Helper" is how you referred to it in your post ;)

I'm going through a direct connection (no proxy), here in Australia. The Helper works for me with this random recent story. Anyway, as long as the pages load in a browser, it should work?

Thanks for the fixed variable name (matchNotes), I'm not sure how I missed that. The debug works well.

Norton Internet Security's real time heuristics (SONAR) doesn't seem to like the Helper. On clicking 'Start' (network request), Norton detects it as a high threat application and deletes/quarantines it. It's not really an issue, just interesting.
Raimond
Administrator

Post by Raimond »

Really? I'm a naming genius ;)

The page is using something called "Bad behavior" to detect spambots. It reads the HTTP request header and detects this way if the page was called by a browser or a (badly programmed) bot.

In the end it was one line that fixed it. Finding it was an other thing...

So I need to update FFDL before the plugin will work with this page (at least for germany)

That's the problem with heuristic matching, there's nothing that I can do about it. The behavior of the Downloader/Helper (requesting a lot of webpages, submitting data by HTTP-GET) is similar to a bot.
Solution: Remove Norton from your computer.

Rai
Raimond
Administrator

Post by Raimond »

Hi,

maybe you've noticed the new Plugin section within the Board.
Please move all discussions about the Plugin system, Plugins and related topics to the new section.

You'll also find the newest version of the Plugin Creation Helper there
http://fanfictiondownloader.net/forum/v ... f=31&t=208

Rai