Mac install problem, 0.9.4, "ebook-convert" not found

newbieinneed

Mac install problem, 0.9.4, "ebook-convert" not found

Post by newbieinneed »

I cannot get this app to work on my Mac. I am not at all experienced with using Terminal, but I tried to follow the install instructions provided with the installer. Please help me figure out what is/I am doing wrong.

First, I assumed that the asterisk in the instruction "Enter the command: sudo ln -sf /Applications/calibre.app/Contents/console.app/Contents/MacOS/* /usr/local/bin/" stood for my computer user name (e.g. alex, harper, etc.). The instructions didn't clarify this point at all, but my initial attempts to type the command exactly as it is in the instructions, with the asterisk, proved useless. I typed the command into Terminal, and it then prompted me for my computer password, as the instructions said it might.

However, when I followed the next instruction, "type "ebook-convert" into the terminal," I got this back: zsh: command not found: ebook-convert.

Obviously, without me being able to execute a proper install, the app then does not work. Any and all help you can offer me to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. I am using Big Sur 11.1 and have a Macbook with the Apple M1 chip. I may be missing something hugely obvious to someone more experienced with computers, and, if so, please let me know.